Luxury Alcohol Rehab Center
Although people over the age of 21 are legally allowed to buy and consume alcohol, alcoholism and heavy drinking can bring significant health complications and other related mental illnesses to patients. Therefore, it is vital to recognize signs of alcohol abuse early and seek help before things escalate. It is not good to postpone addressing the issue of alcohol abuse because it can get messy pretty fast.
In a luxury alcohol rehab center, participants can enjoy the pleasure you can find in luxurious hotel rooms while undergoing treatment. There are amenities such as gym facilities, housekeeping, and in-house massage.
Statistics of alcohol abuse and addiction
These are the statistics released by the National Institute on Drug Abuse to indicate the need for alcohol treatment programs:
- A survey conducted in 2007 showed that a third of high school students have been drinking up to 5 alcoholic drinks in one sitting for the past 30 days.
- Every year, around 1,700 college students are directly or indirectly killed due to alcohol.
- About 12,000 teenagers choose to use alcoholic beverage on a daily basis.
- A large number of adolescents in the American society report to trying using alcohol as early as seventh grade. Furthermore, studies have shown that teenagers who start using alcohol from such an early age tend to suffer emotionally, academically, and even physically.
- People who start using alcohol at an early age are more likely to end up becoming addictive later in their life.
- As per a 2005 record, the cost of alcohol abuse in the United States was approximated to be $220 billion.
- In 2009, out of the 23.5 million people who need alcohol addiction treatment only 2.6 million enrolled and received treatment from a specialty drug and alcohol rehab facility. And 23 percent of the people who enrolled were seeking help specifically for alcohol abuse.
Risks of avoiding alcoholism treatment
It is unfortunate that most people use alcohol on the pretext that it is good for their heart. However, it is important to note that it is only red wine that has been identified to have some benefits to cardiovascular function and only when consumed moderately. In fact, drinking more than one glass of red wine with dinner brings serious health risks that outweigh the positive association with consuming small amounts of the same wine. Also, drinking large amounts of red wine can bring with it other health issues, especially if it goes unchecked.
The risks of unchecked alcoholism include:
- Alcohol addiction: this is the most likely outcome of any alcohol abuse habits. It is estimated that around 18 million of Americans are living with alcohol addiction.
- Personal problems: alcoholism can cause a number of personal problems such as losing one’s driving license, interpersonal relationship problems, damaged reputation, legal issues, and fines for being drunk and disorderly.
- Accidents: accidents that cause serious injuries and death occur almost every day in the lives of heavy drinkers. According to the statistics issued by the National Institutes of Health, 60 percent of deaths that occur due to homicides, drowning or burns, and 40 percent of falls, suicides, and automobile accidents happen because the people involved in these deaths were under the influence of alcohol.
- Health complications: the risk of chronic disorders such as depressions, sexually transmitted diseases, liver diseases, various cancer diseases, and heart illnesses are associated with alcoholism.
- Birth defects: pregnant mothers who drink alcoholic beverages affect the development of the baby, and that can lead brain damage, learning disabilities, and fetal alcohol syndrome to the baby. In fact, no amount of alcohol consumption has been proven to be safe for pregnant mothers.
Luxury alcohol rehab centers
Let’s Start Your Recovery!
We treat the whole person by healing the mind, body and soul.
Permanently End Your Addiction And Regain Your Life!
What an alcohol abuse treatment program entails
A comprehensive alcohol treatment program is supposed to help an individual recover fully starting with the detox process all the way to aftercare and support. The main phases of treatment in most luxury holistic alcohol rehab centers are described next.
The body is cleaned to purge all the alcoholic toxins it has accumulated over time. Although one might experience serious withdrawal symptoms, they can be mitigated during the detox process by using medications.
Therapy: this is the most crucial phase of the healing process where the patient undergoes a process of uncovering the hidden causes of the problem. A trained therapist will work with the individual in groups and individually to unearth the causes of the alcoholism before addressing them.
Our luxury rehab centers have aftercare support programs designed to help the participant to achieve long-term sobriety after completing recovery at the rehab center. Effective aftercare support programs include 12-step meetings, living homes, and therapeutic activities.
The most important part of an alcohol rehabilitation program is counseling. Participants get an opportunity to explore various causes of the addiction and how to resolve them. It is true that some people end up becoming addictive unknowingly or perhaps because they were misguidedly trying to numb some underlying mental issues. These issues can include traumatic events that occurred before they started abusing alcohol such as sexual trauma, child abuse, and other difficult events such as recent divorce or death of a loved one that affected the individual emotionally.
In most cases, people living with co-occurring mental issues such as anxiety and depression are likely to try and self-medicate themselves by using alcohol and other drugs instead of seeking professional help. And, in many instances, people who try that approach end up developing substance use disorders. A report by the Journal of the American Medical Association indicated that around 37 percent of people that enroll for specialty alcohol treatment programs are individuals who have suffered from co-occurring mental issues.
Counseling also helps people struggling with alcohol addiction address other alcohol-induced disorders. Counseling is very vital because it can help someone deal with disorders such as anxiety and depression. It can also help solve trauma issues that occur when someone is deep into alcoholism. It is possible for a person to become a victim of sexual abuse or violence when under the influence of alcohol. Also, substance abuse can enhance violent tendencies in individuals. If all these issues are not addressed comprehensively during counseling, it is possible for the affected person to relapse.
From this startling statistics, it is evident that a large number of people need help, but probably they are not aware of it. Contact The Holistic Sanctuary today to learn about the available alcohol abuse treatment options and find a program suitable for you or your loved one. We offer personalized therapeutic substance use disorder recovery programs that can help anyone who needs help with alcohol abuse.
Our luxury alcohol rehab center has a team of qualified staff members that are dedicated to ensuring that you get a holistic treatment that will transform your life and help you achieve your lifetime objectives, effortlessly.